Are you seeking employment or looking to change careers? If so, we encourage you to search our Job Connection site below. Each listing includes information about the job and details about how to apply for a position.
Employers - Post a Job
Are you a Myrtle Beach Area Chamber member business looking to hire? Post a job here for free.
Ultimate California Pizza-Manager
Closing Date: 03/13/2015
Ultimate California Pizza
2504 S. Kings Hwy.
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
If you would like to become a part of our team which excels by offering innovation and superior customer service, fax your resume to 843-238-5580. To learn more about Ultimate California Pizza, visit divinedininggroup.com.
Ultimate California Pizza, in the Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, area is seeking qualified and dedicated career managers! The ideal candidate will have previous management experience in a fast-paced, restaurant setting, and must be able to work a flexible schedule, weekends, and holidays. Friendly, energetic, positive, knowledgeable, detail-oriented with excellent hospitality skills are the qualities we are looking for. Our company offers some of the best pay and benefits available in our industry, the chance to work with some of the most talented people around, and great opportunities to grow with one of the Southeast's best hospitality operators.
Johnny D's Waffles and Bakery
3301 N. Kings Hwy.
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Apply in person only.
Breakfast experience is a must. Reliable transportation. Must be available weekends. Hours are 6:30 a.m.-3 p.m. and 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Year round position available.
Vice President Sales
PC Pitstop is launching PC Matic Pro, an enterprise version of its consumer-facing product, PC Matic. Unlike PC Matic which is marketed on television in the United States, Japan and the UK, PC Matic Pro will be sold through a direct sales force. The VP of Sales will be responsible for creating and managing this sales force in Myrtle Beach and later throughout the rest of United States.
Sales Strategy – PC Matic Pro was designed to appeal to organizations with an IT department from the city government to the largest companies and everything in between. The sales strategy is critical to our long-term success. The VP of Sales needs to assess which targets we should focus on, and what pricing models will be the most effective to close new business.
Hiring – After developing the strategy, the VP of Sales will need to determine the number of people to be hired, their compensation, and measurements. If things don’t work, then the VP of Sales will also be responsible for termination.
Collateral – The VP of Sales is responsible for sales collateral including brochures, pamphlets, trade shows give-aways, and the clothes that our sales people wear while on sales calls.
Events and Trade Shows – The VP of Sales is responsible for events and trade shows and the subsequent follow-up in the effort to find enterprise clients for PC Matic Pro.
The VP of sales will report to the CEO and will be measured on PC Matic Pro sales and the costs associated with attaining and maintaining these sales.
PC Pitstop is a virtual company and employees work from their homes. Not everyone can work from home and we will try to discern this through the interview process. The candidate should show evidence of being hard working, intelligent, and self motivated. The ideal candidate should have experience selling technology products into large businesses and government entities.
In the beginning, little to no travel will be required, but as we roll out nationally, there could be substantial travel involved in this position.
Since PC Pitstop is a virtual company, we have many uncommon benefits. Upon receiving an offer letter, you will receive a company credit card. On that card, please charge any of the following:
• Internet and cable TV expenses (if purchased on a package)
• Cell phone
• VOIP and business landlines
• Doctor and prescription co-pays
• Gym membership
• Travel expenses
We hold a company meeting twice a year in a different city in the United States. It is
usually 8 days of travel per year and is mandatory.
Our health plan is Blue Cross Blue Shield full medical with options for vision and dental. Depending on the qualifications and experience of the candidate, the salary ranges from $75,000 - $200,000. There is an annual bonus which last year averaged 30 percent. We are open to a commission structure if that appeals to some candidates.
About PC Matic Pro
PC Matic Pro is the only security product made and supported in the United States. The security and real time protection in PC Matic Pro is superior to any of the foreign made security products and has been substantiated by the well respected testing house, Virus Bulletin. PC Matic Pro keeps end points running at peak performance improving asset life and employee productivity.
Closing Date: 03/27/2015
Genesis 4:21 is seeking a sales representative to promote to churches for live recordings. The job basically is someone who can keep contact with church data, make contact with churches and sell them our services. You must have a resume and reliable transportation. You must be dependable.
Servers, Dish Washers and a Full-Time Bartender
Closing Date: 03/05/2015
Angelos Steak & Pasta
2311 S. Kings Hwy.
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Apply in person Monday-Thursday 3:30-5 p.m. No phone calls please.
Angelo's Steak and Pasta is hiring servers, dish washers, and a full-time bartender.
Cook, Waitperson, Arcade Attendant
Closing Date: 05/01/2015
Independent Coin Inc, DBA Garden City Pavilion Arcade & Gigi's Grill
103 Atlantic Ave.
Garden City, SC 29576
Apply in person or call 843-651-2770 for appointments.
Experienced Cook and/or Waitperson and Arcade or booth Attendant Must be an experienced short order Cook and Waitperson and willing to be cross-trained. We also need Arcade or Booth Attendant. Must have flexible hours.
ROCK STAR - Reservation Sales People
Closing Date: 06/01/2015
Shine Studios - Vacation Myrtle Beach
1144 Shine Ave.
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Stop in today to fill out an application. Stop in between 9 a.m.-9 p.m. at 1144 Shine Ave., Myrtle Beach, behind The Market Common, next to the VA clinic. Or go online.
Shine Studios is a Central Reservation Office for 14 resorts in Myrtle Beach. We are seeking candidates for the upcoming season. We provide a fun, casual and unique environment and provide extensive training and support for our sales staff. We answer inbound calls for guests making hotel reservations and follow up with guests who have stayed in the past. We are not timeshare sales, business to business sales or a cold call phone room!
We provide extensive training and support as well as the opportunity for full-time, year round employment based on performance. Our sales agents are ROCK STARS!
Would you like to go to work every day in jeans and a T-shirt? Every day is casual Friday at Shine Studios! Do you enjoy being recognized and rewarded for a job well done? Our sales agents are ROCK ROYALTY and are recognized with gold records, gift cards, prizes and more! Would you like the opportunity to grow within the company? Members of our staff have already been promoted to supervisors, tour managers, and on property sales assistants within their first year of employment!
We offer paid training and competitive hourly wages. We are looking for dedicated staff interested in developing a long-term relationship with our company. If you are interested in joining an amazing team and having fun at work, stop in today to fill out an application.
Director of Finance – CPA Certified
FINANCE DEPARTMENT - MUST HAVE GOLF RESORT/HOSPITALITY EXPERIENCE
The Director of Finance for Sea Trail Resort is responsible for the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements; is the custodian of the assets and is responsible for their safeguard, maintenance and disposal; is responsible for complying with all local laws and regulations; and at all times must conduct herself/himself in accordance with Sea Trail Resort’s Company policy.
Reports To: Vice CEO
-Assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy.
-Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the owner and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
-Engage upper management around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery.
-Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors).
-Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management. .
-Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution.
Financial Planning and Analysis
-Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast by division (vs. budget); Weekly 13 week cash flow forecast.
-Complete analysis of financial results; Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
-Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., opening new operations, asset acquisition, new service launches).
-Develop and maintain capital budget.
-Assist in development of financial planning and analysis exercises/reports.
-Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
-Oversee cash, investment, and asset management.
-Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
-Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
Planning, Policy and Investor Relations
-Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets.
-Develop financial business plans and forecasts.
-Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team.
-Engage directors to develop short-, medium-, and long-term financial plans and projections.
Accounting and Administration
-Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions.
-Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
-Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting; oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
-Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns.
-Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
-Mentor and develop a direct team of four, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic.
-Oversee preparation of month-end and year-end financial statements.
-Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
-Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
-Serve as final point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues.
-Develop and manage accounting staff.
-Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
-Oversee weekly cash management; Approve weekly payables; Execute check signing.
-Oversee AR management and provide support to collections activities.
-Manage the company’s insurance program.
-Manage the company’s real estate affairs.
-Must be a CPA.
-Minimum BA/BS Degree – in Accounting/Finance.At least five years experience as Director of Finance or equivalent.
-At least 5 years in golf/hospitality and/or Real Estate industry.
-Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages.
-Excellent written and oral communication skills.
-Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
-Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
-Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
Manage rental units on the Sea Trail rental program and the acting liaison between Sea Trail Resort and the rental program unit owners.
Reports To: Resort General Manager
• Assist with Owners Issues
• Perform Inspections and Oversee Unit repairs and refurbishment
- Insure that owners meet standards of the rental program in their units.- Complete annual inspection of all units.
- Prepare inspection reports to owners listing refurbishment items to be addressed.
- Follow up on status of completion of work. Prepare follow up letters as needed.
- Coordinate work with vendors when the unit is open. Block unit out of order. Notify appropriate departments.
- Inspect completed work and report back to owner. Make sure billing for work is sent to accounting with appropriate markups or that owner has paid vendor directly.
- Establish working relationship and competitive pricing with vendors for work that Sea Trail Resort Maintenance does not do.
- Conduct inspections as needed when damage is reported. Insure the follow through of collection procedures by the Front Office Manager.
- Conduct inspections as needed when breakage or wear occurs through normal wear and tear outside annual inspection times.
- Take reports of problems from Resort Maintenance requiring urgent repair or replacement.
- Contact owners for approval when item is over $300.00.Gather enough information to be able to explain problem to owner as in AC repair, appliance repair, etc.
- Coordinate with Resort Maintenance when they are involved in installation. Notify Front Desk of deliveries.
- Purchase smaller items needed in units such as blinds, shower curtains, TVs, VCRs microwaves so this would be accomplished in a more timely manner.
- Investigate for missing items or breakage that the owner discovers. Work with housekeeping regarding missing items, usually decorative items, vacuum cleaners, kitchen items, etc.
- Assist Housekeeping and Maintenance is resolving cleaning and repair problems.
- Investigate for missing items
- Conduct follow up inspections of repairs. Ensure owner satisfaction with repairs.
Maintain effective owner relations
- Answer questions and explain our operation, which requires knowledge of other departments.
- Handle all owner complaints: condition of unit, rental income, missing items, unit not available when owner needs, pricing of repairs and housekeeping services, etc.
- Work with Rental Advisory Committee members and Sea Trail Resort management on scheduling meetings, setting agendas, following up on questions raised during meetings, take, type and distribute minutes.
- Work with Sea Trail management on setting program format and topics for annual rental meeting during Plantation Day. Attend all functions. Take type and distribute minutes. Review annual survey results.
- Filter calls from current property owners regardless if rental program owner or not.
- Work with new owners coming on the rental program through resale or purchase or assist them through the set up process. Meet with owners and answer questions about the rental program, costs and procedures.
- Inspect units up for resale and prepare report according to A, B, C standards
- Work with buyers on updating unit décor.
If unit is resale but never on program:
* Conduct inspection of unit
* Produce a list and pricing of items needed to go on rental program.
* Meet with buyers or owner about the rental program, costs and procedures
* Arrange with maintenance the activation of or installation of electronic locks
*Arrange with maintenance and housekeeping for set up of unit
* Conduct detailed inventory count and list of all items in unit to insure compliance with rental program requirements.
* Arrange with IT for phone and cable installation on SeaTrail Resort system.
If unit going off program:
* Arrange for hard cylinder installment, sheet and telephone removal with maintenance and housekeeping.
* Arrange with IT for phone and cable removed from ST system.
* Change unit status in computer.
* Ensure that all charges have been posted by the time final statement goes out.
* Post escrow refund to owner account.
- Insure that owners meet standards of the rental program in their units.
- Keep reports updated monthly- Average Income Report, Income.
- Compile statistics on monthly averages by unit type to include with monthly letter.
- Keep reports updated periodically- Unit Count Report, Units not on Program, Closing List, Owner Escrow Report.
- Distribute reports to appropriate departments.
- Review income reports and identify units that are much lower and much higher than average for rental income. Adjust usage points as needed for low usage units and high usage units. Work with reservations to move reservations into low use units and out of high use units.
- Set up units in system as needed/remove units from rental program as needed.
- Maintain features for units, keep updated.
- Maintain usage points according to rental income.
- Post maintenance and housekeeping work orders to owner account.
- Make sure all charges posted have work order copies to mail with statements.
- Set up recurring charges for owners- phone, cable, annual villa maintenance, wifi, etc.
- Run monthly test statements. Check for charges posted to correct unit, correct amount posted, check for proper commissions on LTR, check for no commission on stay and play packages, and employee stays.
- Run statements after all corrections made.
- Compile statements, work order copies and monthly letter to mail to owners each month.
- Maintain updated mailing label list of owner names and addresses.
- Contact HOA management company to report owner complaints on HOA issues and monitor for completion.
Legal Service Sales Consultant
Closing Date: 08/11/2015
Legal Service sales consultant - no experience necessary we train! If you are a highly driven achiever who wants more from your professional life than what traditional career oaths have to offer, join our team! We are seeking independent-minded sales professionals who want to determine their own career path and take advantage of an opportunity to capitalize on existing personal and business networks. As a legal services consultant, you will be selling legal service plans. Our international firm negotiates with top-rated law firms throughout North America to ensure that our customers receive sound legal advice from experience and motivated lawyers who are prepaid through the legal services plan monthly subscription.
Compensation: Uncapped commission, bonuses and car allowance.
Horry County Schools
335 Four Mile Rd.
PO Box 260005
Conway, SC 29528
Telephone: (843) 488-6900
Employs approximately 5,321 educators, administrators, and educational support staff, making it the largest employer in town. View current job opportunities.
What: Hiring for all positions at Caravelle Resort, Beach Colony Resort, Forest Dunes Resort, South Winds Resort
When: Friday, Feb. 27, 2015, from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Where: St. Johns Inn, 6803 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC, 29572
What: Clean Streak (Coastal) is looking to hire 10–12 new team members, including managers. They are seeking English- or Spanish-speaking workers with experience in floor cleaning or janitorial services.
When: Friday, Feb. 27, 2015, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Where: Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside Beach, 1601 N. Ocean Blvd., Surfside Beach
What: Hiring for positions Hard Rock Cafe Myrtle Beach
When: Saturday, Feb. 28, 2015, from 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Where: Hard Rock Cafe Myrtle Beach, Broadway at the Beach
Details: Hiring for all restaurant operations including: Servers, Bussers, Bartenders, Dishwashers, Cooks, Hosts and Retail Associates.
All candidates must be at least 19 years of age with previous high-volume restaurant experience. Supervisors & Managers will be available for immediate interviews! We only hire rock stars, so bring your shining personality and awesome attitude!
What: Job Fair, sponsored by Goodwill and Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce in conjunction with Georgetown County Chamber and Inlet Square Mall
When: Thursday, March 5, 2015, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Where: Inlet Square Mall, 12125 Hwy. 17 Bypass, Murrells Inlet
Details: This is a cost effective way for job seekers and employers to connect. Register your business.
In today's tight labor market, sponsoring an intern can be a significant way to lure new talent. In addition, student interns can meet short-term needs for extra assistance and bring enthusiasm and current industry knowledge.
A registered apprenticeship is an employer-sponsored flexible training program that cultivates highly skilled workers who meet the workforce demands of a competitive global economy.
Apprenticeship CarolinaTM works to ensure all employers in South Carolina have access to the information and technical assistance they need to create demand-driven registered apprenticeship programs.
Apprenticeship consultants are available, at no charge to employers, to guide companies through the registered apprenticeship development process from initial information to full recognition in the National Registered Apprenticeship System. Registered apprenticeship provides employers with the unique opportunity to grow their own workforce.
Many of the region's most valuable workers come from the area's own vast educational system. The availability of our varied higher education choices creates an extremely well-educated base of residents.
Horry County Schools Adult Education program supports adults in taking the next step in their education: College and Career Transition, WorkKeys Certification, Community Education, Computer Literacy, English Classes, Family Learning Centers, GED, High School Diploma.
Coastal Carolina University is a dynamic, public liberal arts institution located in Conway, just minutes from Myrtle Beach. The university offers 65 areas of study toward the baccalaureate degree and seven master's degree programs in accountancy, business administration, education, marine and wetland studies, and writing. Ten new undergraduate degree programs include biochemistry, economics, graphic design, information systems, intelligence and national security, musical theatre, theatre arts, as well as criminology, health and aging, and social justice tracks in sociology. The university will begin offering its first doctoral program - Ph.D. in Coastal and Marine Systems Science - in fall 2014.
Coastal Carolina University also provides the best adult education through the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI at Coastal) to residents throughout the Grand Strand. More than 300 Lifelong Learning courses, taught by 75 qualified instructors, to more than 1,200 students are offered each term.
Horry Georgetown Technical College (HGTC) is a comprehensive two-year community/technical college ideally situated on the beautiful South Carolina coast that offers more than 80 associate degree, diploma, and certificate programs for students who are either seeking quick entry into the workforce or desiring to transfer to a senior institution to pursue a bachelor's degree.
HGTC also offers Continuing Education training for adults of all ages and backgrounds, regardless of education. Whether you want to learn new skills or enhance skills for career, keep current in your field, get needed CEUs to maintain your certification, or just want to learn for the pleasure of personal enrichment, Continuing Education has something for you.