Closures and Cancellations
Updated March 28, 2020 – The following events and businesses across the Grand Strand are being canceled/postponed/closed in an effort to stop the spread of the coronavirus. Some businesses remain open so please stop in.
To slow the spread of COVID-19 local and state leaders have passed emergency ordinances that impact Grand Strand residents and visitors. All amusements designed to attract and accommodate visitors, are hereby ordered to close effective Friday, March 27, 2020, including but not limited to:
- Movie and live-performance theaters.
- Golf courses in the City of Myrtle Beach limits (although locals’ play is allowed)
- Mini-golf courses.
- Moped, and golf cart rental operations.
- Amusement parks and arcades.
- Bovine’s Restaurant
- Cafe Old Vienna
- Captain Archie’s
- Carolina Dreaming
- Carolina Roadhouse
- China Hao
- Costa Coastal Kitchen & Bar
- Crabby George’s Seafood Buffet
- Croissants Bistro & Bagel, both locations
- Dagwood’s Deli & Sports Bar, Surfside Beach location
- Denny’s, Myrtle Beach location
- Eggs Up Grill, Murrells Inlet and 732 Main St., North Myrtle Beach locations
- Flying Fish Public Market & Grill
- Fuddruckers, both locations
- Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant
- Gulfstream Cafe
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Hook & Barrel
- Joe’s Bar & Grill
- Kindbelly Cafe
- Liberty Tap Room & Grill
- Lobster House Seafood Restaurant
- Mediterranean Bistro
- New York Prime
- Sol Concina Mexicana
- Southern House of Pancakes
- Taco Mundo Kitchen y Cantina
- TBonz Gill & Grill
- Thoroughbreds Chophouse & Seafood Grille
- Bath & Body Works – all stores closed
- Conway Glass will continue to provide glass services and products to our customers. However, our building at 708 12th Ave. is temporarily closed to the public. We want to limit personal contact and potential exposure to COVID-19 to our customers and students. This is out of an abundance of caution and for your protection. Please place your orders by phone or email. Place your order by phone: Tuesday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Call 843-248-3558; Place your order by email: Fill out the form here - 24/7
- Inlet Yoga - closed
- Kohls – closed
- Myrtle Beach Dental Associates is closed March 18-29 and tentatively plans to re-open on a limited basis March 30 mbdentalassociates.com
- Myrtle Beach Mall - closed
- United Way of Horry County Free Tax Prep Sites are temporarily closed until further notice due to the risks associated with COVID-19. Still Need Tax Help? File your taxes online free with United Way’s filing tool at MyFreeTaxes.com.
Golf Courses Closed
- Aberdeen Country Club
- Colonial Charters Golf Club
- Founders Club at Pawleys Island.
- The Hackler Course at Coastal Carolina University
- Members Club at Grande Dunes
- Arcadian Shores Golf Club
- 32nd Run To The Sun Car Show - Sept. 24-26, at the former Myrtle Square Mall site
- Irish Fest - June 13, Grand Park in The Market Common
- Dragon Boat Festival - Sept. 19, Grand Park in The Market Common
- Pee Dee Streetrodders’ Run to the Sun Car and Truck Show - Sept. 24-26 at the former Myrtle Square Mall site
- Pooch-A-Mania - Oct. 4, Grand Park at The Market Common
- Art in the Park - Oct. 19-20, Valor Memorial Garden at The Market Common
- Jeep Jam - Oct. 23-25, at the former Myrtle Square Mall site
- Food Truck Festival - Oct. 30-31 on Ocean Boulevard
- 32nd Run To The Sun Car Show postponed until Sept. 24-26, 2020. https://www.facebook.com/Run-to-the-Sun-Car-Show-212837669075966
- Can-Am Days – March 16-22 events have been canceled.
- Conway Can-Am Days - The City of Conway Visitor Center has closed to the public and therefore the Visitor Center will not host CanAm Days on March 17-20. Waccamaw Outfitters has numerous river based activities available and can be reached for information at 843-488-3121.
- Carolina Country Music Cruise - Organizers announced they will postpone Carolina Country Music Cruise to early 2021.
- Dragon Boat Festival has been rescheduled from 4/25/2020 to 9/19/2020
- Monday After The Masters – Canceled - Hootie and the Blowfish announced that the annual Monday After the Masters Celebrity Pro-Am and benefit concert has been canceled. It was set to take place April 13, 2020, and has been postponed until April 2021.
- Myrtle Beach Food Truck Festival – Postponed – Scheduled for April 3-5 has been postponed. Date to be determined.
- Smoke on the Beach BBQ Competition – Postponed - Event was scheduled for March 20-21 http://mbscsmokeonthebeach.com
Retail Adjusted Hours
Some stores and retail establishments have adjusted hours to allow staff to restock and do additional cleaning.
- Broadway At The Beach and Barefoot Landing are open for all normal center services but merchants have the flexibility to adjust their hours or to close as they deem necessary.
- Publix says its stores will close two hours earlier at 8 p.m. for the same reasons.
- Sam’s Club - Sam’s Clubs will open at 9 a.m. each day, except Sundays which will open at 10 a.m.
- Tanger Outlets Both Locations - Both locations are now open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. until further notice. https://www.tangeroutlet.com/myrtlebeach501 https://www.tangeroutlet.com/ myrtlebeach17
- Walmart announced that all of its stores, including Neighborhood Markets, would be open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Coastal Carolina University classes are taking place online and will remain online for the rest of the spring 2020 semester.
- Horry County Parks & Rec after school programs are canceled in accordance with school closings
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College classes are taking place online and will remain online for the rest of the spring 2020 semester.
- All South Carolina K-12 Public Schools will remain closed through the month of April. Students continue education with learning from home program.
- City of Conway Visitor Center - 3/15/2020 - 11:30 a.m. closed https://conwayalive.com/visitor-center
- City of Myrtle Beach – All indoor city offices and facilities are closed to the public until further notice. All outdoor playgrounds are closed until further notice. However, city parks, the beach itself and open spaces remain open. https://www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/coronavirus/index.php
- All City of Myrtle Beach Recreation Centers, Chapin Memorial Library, youth and adult sports, and programs are closed/canceled until further notice.
- City of Myrtle Beach meetings and city-related events will be postponed to a later date.
- Court for Horry County Magistrate Court and Circuit Court is canceled the week of March 23. Jurors should not report to the courthouse this week.
- All Horry County Government offices will be closed to the public beginning 3/18/2020 until further notice. All Horry County Parks and Recreation and Library programs are canceled, including organized athletics. For the latest updates visit horrycounty.org/closings
- SC Works office buildings within the Waccamaw Region (including Georgetown, Horry and Williamsburg counties) will be closed beginning 3/17/2020 and will not reopen until further notice. Unemployment questions? Please call 1-866-831-1724.
Health Care Restricted Access
Hospitals in the Grand Strand are restricting access to their facilities to protect patients from the coronavirus.
- City of Myrtle Beach Sports Facilities are all closed, and events canceled until further notice.
- Coastal Carolina University - Per order of the Sun Belt Conference, all sports are currently suspended until further notice.
- Ripken Baseball – Out of an abundance of caution, Ripken baseball has closed until the end of March. Their tournaments are cancelled. https://www.ripkenbaseball.com/news_article/show/1095382
- TOP GUN Sports has suspended all of its tournaments through 3/31/2020. At that time a determination will be made on future events. This includes local tournaments and national accounts.
Week of March 16
- Cabinfever Pickleball Tournament - March 17-18, MB Sports Center - Canceled
- Cheer LTD Nationals @ CANAM - March 20-22 – Canceled
- 2020 Dunes Sparks Toyota Jr Tennis Championship - March 20-21 - Dunes Club - Cancelled. All USTA events have been suspended until after April 20
- Fastpitch Dreams - March 14-21 - North Myrtle Beach Sports Complex - Canceled
- Hightide Ultimate Frisbee - March 15-18 - North Myrtle Beach Sports Complex - Canceled
- 2020 Pier to Pier Beach Run - March 21 - Postponed. Date to be determined
- Shamrock Invitational - Canceled
- 2020 SC State Gymnastics Meet – March 20-22 - MBSC – Canceled. All USA Gymnastics sanctioned events canceled through the end of March by USAG.
Week of March 23
- Fastpitch Dreams - March 21-28 - North Myrtle Beach Sports Complex - Canceled
- Hightide Ultimate Frisbee - March 22-5 - North Myrtle Beach Sports Complex - Canceled
- Spirit Sports Battle at the Beach Cheer Event - March 28-29 - Canceled
Week of March 30-April 5
- Beach Run Invitational - April 2-3 - Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium - Canceled
- NTBA Ballin at the Beach - April 3-5 - MB Sports Center - Canceled
Week of April 6-12
- 2020 Mingo Bay Baseball Tournament #1- April 6-10 - Local High School fields - Canceled
- Myrtle Madness Volleyball - April 10-12 - Myrtle Beach Sports Center - Canceled
Week of April 13-19
- Cheer Ltd. All-Star Challenge - April 17-19 - MBCC/MBSC - Canceled
- 2020 Mingo Bay Baseball Tournament #2- April 14-18 - Local High School fields - Canceled
Week of April 20-26
- 2020 Region 8 Level 6/7/8 Gymnastics Championships (Excel Gymnastics) – April 24-26, MB Sports Center - Canceled
- Prep Hoops DedicationSzn Kick-Off - May 8-10 - Myrtle Beach Sports Center - Canceled
Here are three local news broadcast stations that have pages with the latest closures and cancellations.