COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
Updated April 1, 2021
Immunization with a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine is a critical component of the United States’ strategy to reduce COVID-19-related illnesses, hospitalizations and deaths and to help put an end to the pandemic.
Who can make an appointment?
All South Carolinians aged 16 and older
Find vaccine provider locations by:
to see locations accepting appointments for COVID-19 vaccine. Pick a location and call the phone number listed to make an appointment.
- DHEC COVID-19 Vaccine Information Line > 1-866-365-8110
People who have questions about the COVID-19 vaccines or who need help finding vaccine providers and their contact information are asked to call the DHEC COVID-19 Vaccine Information Line. Staff is answering calls from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. daily. You also can visit the COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions page. This webpage is regularly updated with new questions and science-based, factual information.
For more information about who is included in each phase of the state's vaccination plan and the timelines for each phase, please click here.
Check out the sites below to learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine
COVID-19 Vaccine Scams
- Federal Agencies Warn of Emerging Fraud Schemes Related to COVID-19 Vaccines – Federal officials issued a warning for Americans to stay vigilant for possible coronavirus vaccine scams after two separate inoculations began rolling out across the nation. Read Article. The FBI has three hotlines dedicated to reporting scams.
- Beware of Fraudulent Coronavirus Tests, Vaccines and Treatments – U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) says that fraudulent products that claim to cure, treat or prevent COVID-19 haven’t been evaluated by the FDA for safety and effectiveness and might be dangerous to you and your family. Read Article
- Better Business Bureau: COVID-19 vaccine is on the way. So are the scams. Read Article
- Federal Trade Commission: COVID-19 vaccines are in the pipeline. Scammers won’t be far behind. Read Article
Reminder to continue to get tested
Free COVID-19 Testing
Be Positive You’re Negative – DHEC urges South Carolinians to be positive you're negative by routinely getting tested if you're regularly out in the community. Visit scdhec.gov/findatest for a testing location near you. DHEC-sponsored testing is free, doesn't require insurance, and results are available within 72 hours. If it has been more than 72 hours since you were tested, you can email CustomerService@dhec.sc.gov or call the Care Line at 1-855-472-3432 to inquire about your test results.
- If you have general questions about COVID-19, DHEC Care Line 855-472-3432 is open 8 a.m.-6 p.m. daily. In the event of an emergency, please call 911.
- For mental health or substance abuse services related to COVID-19, call SC Hopes support line 24/7 at 1-844-724-6737 (1-844-SC-HOPES). Visit Website