The Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce (MBACC) Educational Foundation is accepting applications for college scholarships from high school seniors in the Grand Strand.
Each year, the Foundation awards college scholarships to graduating seniors from 14 local high schools. Selected students demonstrate consistently superior achievement inside and outside the classroom. The amount of the scholarship is determined by the Educational Foundation Board of Directors and is paid directly to the recipient to help offset first-year expenses related to higher education.
“Through our mission to promote, protect and improve the Myrtle Beach area, the Chamber is pleased to award scholarships to students who exemplify the qualities that are essential to professional success, such as honesty, integrity, good citizenship and a strong work ethic. We understand that higher education is a vital component to the ongoing success of our community,” said Karen Riordan, MBACC President & CEO.
Completed applications should be submitted to school guidance counselors no later than Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2023. Students who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
• Must be a legal resident of the U.S.
• Must be a student in good standing at selected high schools (see list below).
• Must be a graduating high school senior during the school year of the award.
• Must be planning to attend an accredited institution of higher learning upon graduation from high school. This includes universities, colleges, seminaries, technical colleges and community colleges.
• Must be planning to enroll in a post-secondary program of study that will result in an associate or bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
One scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior from each of the following schools:
• Academy for Arts, Science, and Technology in Carolina Forest
• Academy for Technology & Academics in Conway
• Aynor High School
• Carolina Forest High School
• Conway High School
• Early College High School in Conway
• Green Sea Floyds High School
• HCS Scholars Academy in Conway
• Loris High School
• Myrtle Beach High School
• North Myrtle Beach High School
• Socastee High School
• St. James High School
• Waccamaw High School
Originally established in 2007 as a public charity, the MBACC Educational Foundation became a private foundation in 2015. Employees of the MBACC, their immediate families and households, as well as those of the Scholarship Task Force and the Foundation’s Board of Directors, are not eligible for this scholarship.
Sponsorship provides our investors the opportunity for recognition and publicity. For some events, sponsorship will also include tickets to the event, the opportunity to speak to attendees or to distribute promotional items. Check out the Investment and Sponsorship Program and stretch your marketing budget.